New month, new healthy veggie recipe idea 😀 . Perfect for breakfast or lunch – served warm. You can use the same veggies I use (I love carrots and zucchinis currently) or add those you prefer.
- 2 zucchinis, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 capsicum, cut into small slices
- 1 tbs (apple) vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 wholegrain wraps, warmed
- salt & pepper
- your favourite herbs
- wok or pan
How to prepare it?
1) Peel the zucchinis and the carrots and use the peeler to peel off thin slices. If you like thicker ones, use a knife. Then cut small slices off the capsicum.
2) Put the veggies into a bowl and add salt & pepper and herbs you like. Mix everything with a big spoon.
3) Take the wok (or a pan) and preheat it for around 1 minute on the stove plate. Then add the olive oil and afterwards the veggie mixture. I like to cook my veggies until they are soft. But, you can do it however you want. More or less raw – depends on how you like them. Add the vinegar and stir again.
4) A few minutes before you turn off the stove, place the wraps in the oven for around 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile cut some thick slices of cheese. (You can leave this out, if you like the recipe vegan.)
5) Take the wraps out from the oven and place them on plates. Now, arrange the veggies in the middle. Put the cheese slices on top.
6) Roll to enclose filling. Now it’s ready to be seved. 🙂
and ’till next time,
P.s.: For more yummy recipe ideas, click here.