One thing I want to do more often is to make my own dessert – as healthy as possible, of course. 🙂
Because my goal is to reduce processed sugar consumption. So, if you are looking for a new healthy recipe, this could be one. 😉
Ingredients (for 1 person):
– 1 apple, cored, peeled, halved
– 3/4 cup oatmeal
– 1 tbs honey
– 2 tbs fresh or frozen blueberries & 1 strawberry, to serve
– 1 tbs coconut flakes, toasted
How to do it?
1) Wash the apple, coarsely grate it in half. Place the grated apple in a medium bowl and add the honey; stir to combine. (You can add some of the blueberries, as well).
Cover the remaining apple with a wrap and put it in the fridge.
2) Meanwhile prepare the oatmeal how instructed on the package (in case you bought the raw flakes and you have to cook it first). I like to add a bit of rice/almond milk into the bowl when the oatmeal is being cooked. But, it’s totally up to you.
3) When the oatmeal is ready, add the apple-honey mixture into the bowl and stir to combine.
4) Let it cool down for ~3 minutes and spoon the mixture into a serving jar or a glass. Cover it with a wrap and place it in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight) until the mixture is thick.
5) Afterwards, take out the glass and let it sit for a few minutes so that it gets to room temperature. Meanwhile, thinly slice the other apple half and use the slices as decoration. Top up with the blueberries, strawberry and the flaked coconut.
Ready to serve and to be enjoyed 🙂