For the last couple of months I’ve been trying out new recipes and ingredients (I did not use before). One of those is rice in all it’s variety. 😀
This mushroom risotto is one recipe idea I cooked recently. It’s done in around half an hour.
And these are the ingredients you’ll need:
– 1 White onion, peeled and finely chopped
– 200 g Mushrooms, sliced
– 4 Cups of vegetable stock
– 2 Cups rice
– Handfull of baby spinach leaves
– 1 tbs Olive oil
– Cheese (whichever you want), grated
Ok, now that you have everything together, let’s start with the cooking.
1) Cook the rice first. (Do this however you want it, in a rice cooker or in a saucepan.)
2) In a frying pan add the oil, the chopped onion and the mushrooms. Stir and cook these for around 5-10 minutes (or until the vegetables soften).
3) Use a saucepan and add the 4 cups of vegetable stock and bring to a simmer over high heat.
4) When the vegetables in the frying pan are cooked, add those into the vegetable stock, stir and let it simmer for 2 more minutes. (Or, until the liquid is completely absorbed.)
5) When the rice is cooked (tender and creamy), then you can add it into the saucepan, as well. Stir.
6) Remove from heat and add some grated cheese. Stir again.
7) Now, it’s ready to be served. Add some cheese and baby spinach leaves on top.
Enjoy your meal 🙂